Dear Diabetes

Dear Diabetes,

I think we need to sort out a few things, because you really haven't been behaving yourself lately. I've made you a comprehensive list of my concerns and would like a reply and action to be taken as soon as possible.

1) Stop with the high blood sugar levels in exams. Just stop it. It's not nice, I don't like it. Whoever gave you the idea that blood sugars of 15-17 were ok during exams is an idiot, because it's just not. You've been here for going on four years, you know better.

2) Now onto the fake low blood sugars. No diabetes, I'm not low when my blood sugar is 7, stop over reacting. Not being able to treat symptoms of a low is terrible... because I'm not actually low. Seriously, I'd love to eat stacks of jellybeans and chocolate, really, but you're going to have to deal with having more insulin when I do.

3) Ok, I understand that you and pizza don't get along, really at 25 grams a slice I don't blame you. But PLEASE stop with the delayed low blood sugars that follow the rapid rises in blood sugar. Rollercoasters are fun, blood sugars that mimic them are not.

So there you have it, you really need to clean up your act. Whilst I appreciate your presence as it provided me with my major work topic and is character building and all, the drama surrounding you isn't nice. We're going to have to put up with each other for a long time, so here's the deal. I check my blood sugar at least 6 times a day, change my finger pricker lancets and take insulin all day like a good diabetic, and you lay off on the drama. I'm not slacking off so why should you!

Sincerely,

A diabetic who is tired of your temper tantrums


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D Blog Week 2017: Diabetes and the Unexpected

D Blog Week 2017: What Brings Me Down

Diabetes Blog Week 2016: Message Monday