VLOG: National Diabetes Week

Hello hello! It's National Diabetes Week here in Australia and taking inspiration from Frank at Type 1 Writes I've decided to have a crack at vlogging.

Scary.... I know.

I believe the best way to raise awareness is through sharing stories, so here's mine. Apologies in advance for the blank gazes and "um's". Apparently, being a speech pathology student doesn't mean you're immune to presentation anxiety. Woops.

In the vlog I say I'm not a big fan of National Diabetes Week. I think it's a wonderful idea and the messages are fantastic. But I really dislike how it is pitched toward complications a lot of the time. There must be a better, more encouraging way. I hope sharing stories is an example of that.



Tomorrow I'll be posting a vlog on how my insulin pump works as part of raising awareness. Keep an eye out for that slightly less cringe worthy vlog!

Edit: I've now seen the video for t1. Fantastic and much better message! I wish the t2 video was presented more like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd_810jof6Y

Comments

  1. this was awesome thanks so great to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Your live video on facebook was excellent the other day

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

D Blog Week 2017: Diabetes and the Unexpected

D Blog Week 2017: What Brings Me Down

Diabetes Blog Week 2016: Message Monday