Shopping

The warranty on my pump expires on the 11th of January, and knowing my knack for mishaps (the x-ray incident comes to mind) I’ve been scouring the diabetes webiverse in search of a new model.

It’s a complicated process that should go like this:

- Does it work?
- Who made it?
- Do I need that feature?
- How long is the warranty?
- How much am I going to have to pay for this?
- Is my health insurance going to cover this now or am I going to have to wait an extra year with no warranty?

Instead this happens…

“Is it pretty? LOOK A COLOUR SCREEN! Hmmmm, I don’t know about that warranty length. BUT LOOK AT THE COLOURFUL GRAPHS!”

If I have a poor quality pump next year (albeit with stunning graphics and sleek design), you'll know why.

Comments

  1. The same thing happens to me when I buy stuff that I really need... Looking forward to seeing your new pump and his/ her name. Happy New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year :)
      Oh jeez, names
      Perhaps Voldy- but do I really want my pump to be the darkest wizard the world has ever seen? .... yes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

D Blog Week 2017: Diabetes and the Unexpected

D Blog Week 2017: What Brings Me Down

Diabetes Blog Week 2016: Message Monday